Saturday, November 6, 2010

Collectorz ~ Book Collector


Catalog your book collection by ISBN.
Automatic book details and cover art.
Just enter ISBNs or scan ISBN barcodes.


This is a really cool way to keep your home book library under control. Book Collectorz is so easy to use. Once you download the software you just start right away cataloging the books that you have on your shelf.

All you have to do is locate the ISBN number which is usually located on the first few pages. Click add to collection and the program does the rest. It gives you a picture of the cover and details of the book. If it's an old book, pre ISBN than there's an option for you there as well.

Check out the website and watch the short video clip on the page to get a better understanding of exactly how Collectorz works.



Now while the software is easy and at $29.95 for the standard edition or $49.95 for the Pro edition it's not overly expensive. The one catch is that a little pixie doesn't pop out of your screen and do the 'cataloging' for you. I gave this a go but am still slowly chipping away at the data entry side of the program so have yet to see exactly how this will benefit me in the long run.

The other bit for me is that I don't really have that much of a care factor about what books I have on my shelf. I know the books in the homeschooling room are for the kids. The books in my room are teacher resources. The books in my room downstairs are church & craft books and the books on the shelf near my husbands workshop are his Teaching, Business, University books & Car Manuals. So I just think I need a book about the human body today. Yes, after using my eyes Ah Ha there it is!!!

So if your that way inclined and just love to keep track of all your possessions, books, movies,games, comics etc than I would say a big yes to this program. You can even sample it for free over on the website

Disclaimer~ I received a copy of Collectorz Books software free to review. This is my honest opinion only.

No comments: