Monday, May 24, 2010

Mormon Messages

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints has short video clips called Mormon Messages that they have available on their website or youtube. Our computer homepage is set to the church website so when the computer is cranked up that's the first place it goes to. I love these messages and look forward to each and every new clip when it arrives. Of course the latest clip My New Life is just so inspirational, but so are they all. These messages have such a impact on my life, my marriage, my motherhood, my womanhood, my strength. There is not one clip that hasn't strengthened me. I love A Father Indeed What a man he is.
Anyway, my kids love to listen to music in the car, or at home when they are doing chores and things so I put together a USB with our favorite music on it but sprinkled in between is Mormon messages. It's like an ad break that they don't even notice because the message is usually accompanied by music so its not like just listening to 'a talk'. It's magical! Having the words of the Prophets,Apostles, General Authorities and faithful saints throughout the world seeping constantly into the hearts and minds of our children is irreplaceable. There is no end to 1 Nephi 3:7...for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. He commands us to teach our children and He provides more ways then we can imagine ourselves but thanks to the guidance of the Holy Ghost we are able to fulfil that command one step at a time.
Ps. If you were like me and wanted to hear the song again that was played in My New Life , it was sung by Mindy Gledhill and was called All about Your Heart. What a truely beautiful song and I am so looking forward to getting her new album mid year

No comments: