Monday, July 26, 2010

Peasant Skirts


I'm not sure what teachers get paid in your neck of the woods, but here in Australia the pays not great. As we are, shall we say 'frugal' at our house, the girls needed some new skirts a little while back so I did what all people do that hate patterns. I googled it. I mean how hard can a Peasant Skirt be?
This what I found. PERFECT!!

Peasant Skirt Pattern

I made two and three layered skirts for the girls all made out of bits of fabric I had laying about. They were perfect for Church and play and so easy to make. This site has a built in calculator. You just add the measurements for either yourself or the girls and in no time at all you have a pretty skirt. I love this site. Check it out!

6 comments:

April said...

Walking the blog walk. Love the skirt! May have to try one for myself. My "little" girl grew up on me.

Teachers don't get paid well here in NC either!

April

Roger said...

I can see a skirt in Louisa's future.

Bethany LaShell said...

CUTE! I'll definitely have to try this out. Buying those peasant skirt panels in the fabric store is outrageously expensive; this looks like an affordable alternative.

Stopping by on the TOS Crew Blog Walk.

Elinette said...

Very cute! Also stopping by in my blog walk! Hope you have fun reviewing of the TOS crew.

Anon said...

That is very lovely!

I have made a few of these skirts and I'm a very-learner-sewer and I can make these...without a pattern either! LOL If I can do it - anyone can do it!

Yesterday I went through my dd's drawers and pulled out all the old, stained, stretched T-shirts and tomorrow I am going to try and just cut out random squares from the T-shirts and sew them together in a raggy type quilt. Nothing flash, just something they can drag around the house with them.

I love the well known pioneer adage...

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
or do without.

:-)

Tess said...

I'm doing my blog walk. I'm following your blog now. I love the pic of the skirt. Thanks for sharing the link. I'm going to share it with my daughter who enjoys sewing. ~Tess from the TOS Crew